Monday, November 22, 2010

Boy, it sure gets dark early now.

Boy, it sure gets dark early now.

I tell you, I am very thankful that when I get off from work, it’s still daylight. It seems that the days are getting shorter and shorter; today it was right around 6 PM and the sun had already set. I realize it’s all part of the season, but it sure snuck up on me.

I’ve spent the last couple of days doing a lot of homework, organizing my time, and using silly little “look-forward-to’s” to stay motivated. It’s an awful lot of work, and it really does wear me down working full time and going to school practically full time. I have to keep it close in my mind how much of an investment it all is, how in the future it’ll be all good, because right now in the present, it’s the all suck. I’m really dreading not having a single free day next semester, and thinking about how that will affect my grades, job performance, sanity, and irritability level. It’s one thing to just graduate, but a whole other level of stress knowing you have to keep your GPA high because of constant competition to get into programs. Heck, I’ll have to work even harder than I am now when I actually do get into nursing school because CRNA school is supposedly murder to get accepted. I wish I knew more about the whole process, because I’ve read that UTC has no competition with residents, and that sounds good I guess, but I have no idea what the reality of that is. I dunno. Anyway, in the meantime I’ve been looking at visiting warm sunny beaches, buying a nice new car, thinking about the possibility of being able to move anywhere because of job security... you know... those types of dreamy “look-forward-to’s.”

I’m still dumbfounded that Thursday is Thanksgiving. I really only have 2 more weeks left of school. The regular tests aren’t so bad, but I hate with a passion comprehensive exams. Ugh. Well, once it’s all said and done I’ll have a good month off to do nothing. And I plan on it.


Wouldn't that be nice?


Ahhh... beaches.               

  
I could I work pretty much anywhere on this map.





No comments:

Post a Comment